By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Explain what a conservative system is.
- Find a conserved quantity for a conserved system and use it to plot trajectories.
- Explain what a reversible system is and determine whether a system is reversible.
- Identify special cases where linear centers are guaranteed to be nonlinear centers
Before class, please:
- Read Strogatz, Sections 6.5 - 6.7.
- Read these notes.
- Check yourself before you wreck yourself (none)
In class, we will:
After class, please:
- Do post-class problems.