By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Compute fixed points, null clines, and phase portraits of phase plane systems.
- Calculate stability of fixed points in nonlinear systems.
- Connect information about fixed points in nonlinear systems and information about those points in linearized systems.
Before class, please:
- Read Strogatz, Sections 6.0 - 6.4.
- Watch Introduction to 2-d Nonlinear Systems and Linearization of Nonlinear Problems.
- Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
- Participate in online community.
In class, we will:
After class, please: