What do Romeo and Juliet have to do with dynamical systems?
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Visualize vector fields in the phase plane.
- Describe different types of fixed points.
- Classify fixed points of 2 x 2 linear systems.
- Draw phase portraits of 2 x 2 linear systems.
Before class, please:
- Read Strogatz, Chapter 5.
- Listen to Linear Dynamical Systems Part A and Linear Dynamical Systems Part B.
- Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
In class, we will:
After class, please:
- Do post-class problems.