Not sure if differential equations really matter? I promise you, they do. There's a decent web feature called "17 Equations that Changed the World." Not all of the examples are differential equations, but a few are:
- The wave equation
- The Navier-Stokes equations for fluids
- Maxwell's equations for electromagnetism
- Schrodinger's equation for quantum states
- The logistic model for population growth (not technically a differential equation, but close)
- The Black-Scholes model for pricing financial derivatives
- Read the course syllabus.
- Read the group work policy.
- Read the class participation rubric.
- Read the online community guidelines.
- Read the problem set guidelines.
- Enough about you, let's talk about me for a minute.
- Discuss our approach to learning.
- Discuss course syllabus.
- Enough about me, let's talk about you for a minute.
- Answer any questions you may have.
- Do a test login to Moodle.
- Go to the Piazza online forum and read and respond to the post called "Introduce yourself!" Please make sure to follow all directions.
- Get a jump start with LaTeX.