Teaching summary: I have taught mathematical modeling, partial differential equations, differential equations, dynamical systems, numerical analysis, scientific computing, calculus, and complex analysis at Northwestern University, Duke University, UCLA, and Macalester College. Outside of the classroom, I served as the Assistant Director of USC’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and trained new teaching assistants at Northwestern University.
Teaching statement: If you want, you can read my teaching statement. Unfortunately, my teaching statement has been plagiarized by some other academics. If you discover that someone has plagiarized my teaching statement, please let me know.
Scholarship and teaching of learning: Social software provides powerful tools for improved teaching and learning. If you are interested in this topic, take a look at this paper.
Blog: I write a blog that contains many posts related to teaching and learning.
- Winner, Jack and Marty Rossmann Excellence in Teaching Award. Macalester College, 2010
- Assistant Director, Center for Excellence in Teaching, USC, 2006 – 2007
- Nominee, Copenhaver Award for teaching with technology, UCLA, 2006
- Winner, Sorgenfrey Distinguished Teaching Award in mathematics, UCLA, 2004
- Nominee, Distinguished Alumni Undergraduate Teaching Award, Duke, 2003
- Fellow, Searle Center for Teaching Excellence, Northwestern, 2000 - 2001
Favorite books related to teaching: